"It's impossible to discourage the real writers; they don't give a damn what you say." Sinclair Lewis

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thinking?


Today I think about writing. All of a sudden I have nothing to say. I look through my computer to find it is full of stories that seemed important when I wrote them. They were! I wonder why my book isn’t published. No matter.

I’ve become interested in ancient history. The pyramids, sacred sites, cave drawings, megaliths, and so much more tells the stories about another place and time – another people. Year 5010, my archaic computer (the future information system will be a thought request to the cosmos that downloads into the brain – the Mindnet is truly wireless) tells historians tales of beautiful mountains, anger, religious disagreements, flying to different dimensions, and much more. And, just imagine, a quirk in the system saved Google or what part the computer would hold.

Did someone say some computers were wireless? Half my desktop is wires. Maybe it was a wireless connection that required a dish of some sort. You guessed it. I thought dishes were in the kitchen.

By the way, the 5010ers think we had a goddess requirement for entering the country because of the Statue of Liberty. Future history has this so wrong because as you know it was given to us by France. War also earned this era the title of neosavage. History? Just write.

A pleasant summer to all.

--Mary Wood

Mary graduated from University of Missouri, Columbia with a Masters of Social Work. Having completed clinicals in mental health, she worked for a county health department and spent several years of her career on a neuropsychiatric unit of a hospital. (She always knew she would get help.) Having retired she has jumped off another cliff to try her hand at writing. "Writing is the chance to make things up, fantasize. I can say anything, almost." Home is Southern Indiana. As an adult she lived in several states and traveled the U. S., settling in Idaho Falls, ID. She loves the mountains and the snow.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to hear more about your stories. I bet you have some great ones! Fun post.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete